As a responsible business, Hysan respects personal data privacy and is committed to fully implementing and complying with the data protection principles and protecting your personal data privacy.
Our privacy principles are:
- Hysan only collects personal data which we believe to be relevant and required to conduct our business.
- Hysan will use your personal data only for the purpose for which the data is collected or for a directly related purpose, unless consent with a new purpose is obtained from you.
- Hysan will keep your personal data accurate and up-to-date.
- Hysan will not transfer or disclose your personal data to any entity that is not a Group Company or not a connected party as detailed in this Statement without your consent unless it is required by law or it was previously notified to you.
- Hysan has implemented various physical, electronic and management measures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect.
Kinds of Personal Data Held
Hysan holds the following broad categories of personal data:
- Tenant records, which include name, contact details and other information supplied by tenants and collected in connection with tenant services and related activities.
- Customer records, which include name, telephone number, email address, correspondence address and other information supplied by customers and collected in connection with our loyalty club programmes and surveys.
- Personnel records, which include Hysan personnel details, job particulars, details of salary, payments, benefits, leave and training records, group medical insurance records, mandatory provident schemes participation, performance appraisals, and disciplinary matters.
- Consultant and contractor records, which include name, contact details and other information of any individual employed or engaged by service providers in the fields of construction, Information Technology, Marketing and other areas providing necessary services required by Hysan.
- Records collected on webservers, which may include email addresses and IP addresses (whereas they constitute personal data under specific circumstances that the addresses can be used to identify an individual) collected for newsletter subscription or online enquiries.
- Other records, which include records of visitors to the premises operated by Hysan, members of the public making enquiries or responding to our surveys, business partners, officers, shareholders, investors and other operational and administrative records that contain personal data.
Main Purposes of Keeping and using Personal Data
Hysan holds the following personal data for the main purposes of:
- Tenant records – for providing tenant services and related activities, maintaining tenant accounts, managing moving in and out of Hysan premises or car parks, processing rental receivables, responding to and following up enquiries.
- Customer records – for communication, providing rewards or benefits for loyalty club programmes, administration of loyalty club membership including verification of identity, accumulating and redeeming reward points, handling requests for services, membership or benefits, providing marketing materials, market research and analysis or any other purposes which the customer has been notified of and consented to.
- Personnel records – for recruitment and human resource management purposes, relating to such matters as employees’ appointment, employment benefits, termination, performance appraisal and discipline.
- Consultant and contractor records – for engaging, monitoring, managing and appraising relationships with consultants and contractors who are and/or engage or employ individuals to provide services to Hysan.
- Records collected on webservers – for sending newsletters to subscribers registered through websites and providing marketing materials and replies to enquiries.
- Other records – for various purposes varying according to the nature of the records, including for administration and operation of the Hysan premises, handling enquiries from members of the public and carrying out daily business.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose (other than the purposes (or any directly related purpose) outlined above), we will obtain your consent in advance.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
Hysan may disclose and transfer the personal data to any Group Company in connection with the purposes (or any directly related purpose) outlined above. We may also disclose or transfer the personal data to our agents, contractors or third party service providers who provide services to any Group Company in connection with the processing of the personal data on our behalf for the purposes (or any directly related purpose) outlined above. Such agents, contractors or third party service providers may be located in countries outside of Hong Kong, which may not provide the same level of protection over your personal data as is provided in Hong Kong.
We may disclose personal data when required by law or a court order of any jurisdiction, or as requested by any government or law enforcement authorities or administrative organs.
We may disclose personal data as is necessary to bring a legal action or defend any legal action in relation to you.
Data Retention and Data Security
The personal data you provide to us will be kept by us in the appropriate form only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes (or a directly related purpose) mentioned above, after which it will be destroyed.
In order to ensure correct use and to maintain the accuracy of personal data collected from you, as well as preventing unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use of personal data, we have implemented various physical, electronic and management measures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect.
We may only use your personal data for the purposes of the marketing activities if you have consented to such use. You may indicate your consent to our use of your personal data for marketing activities by selecting the relevant option in the appropriate online or paper form submitted to us.
You can withdraw your consent for use by us of your personal data for marketing activities at any time by sending an email to our Data Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
IP Address and Cookies
How to Access or Correct Your Data
You are entitled to access or correct any personal data related to you held by us. Any personal data access request or data correction request may be made by email to our Data Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. In accordance with the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, we have the right to charge you for the costs directly related to and necessary for the processing of any data access request.
Data Privacy Officer
Hysan Development Company Limited
50/F., Lee Garden One
33 Hysan Avenue
In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and the translated Chinese version or other translated version(s), the English version shall prevail.
References in this site to “Hysan” means Hysan Development Company Limited and “Group Company” means Hysan Development Company Limited or any of its subsidiaries.